Futsal is a combination of the Portuguese words futebol de salao which can be translated to mean "half soccer" or "indoor soccer". Futsal is the way the rest of the world plays indoor soccer, which is why they produce the best players and teams. It is the only form of indoor soccer sanctioned by FIFA, the governing body of soccer in the world. It is played on a hard surface with a smaller, weighted ball so it has less bounce. The environment of the game emphasizes creativity, technique, and speed of play. All of these are traits of the Jaier curriculum and reasons our teams consistently receive compliments and achieve success at high levels.
The Benefits of Futsal:
· Ball Retention – Players need to be able to keep the ball using good technique and movement
· Quick Play – The small playing area forces quick play. This again requires good technique and movement
· Skillful Play – Futsal encourages skillful play with a smaller, slightly weighted ball
· Decision Making – Everything happens much quicker and there is less margin for error
· Tactical Awareness – Each player needs to be aware of both their teammates and their own responsibilities
· Expidited Growth – The increased number of touches on the ball accelerates the learning process
What The Experts Say About Futsal:
“In the schools and colleges everybody in Brazil starts with futsal and then they move to normal football…Of course futsal was important in helping my ball control, quick thinking, passing…of course you have to have an aptitude for both futsal and normal football and you must have the capacity to adjust because of the differences in the games, but for dribbling, balance, concentration…futsal was very, very important, no doubt.” -PELE
“When you come to play normal football, it’s easy if you’ve played futsal.” -RONALDINHO
“For those who know the game and have coached it, futsal is infinitely better preparation for the outdoor game…futsal really does teach a higher level of skill than whacking the ball off the wall.” -HANK STEINBRECHER, former Secretary General of U.S. Soccer and current member of U.S. Futsal’s National Board of Directors
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.